Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trendy on a Tuesday?

NOTE: This post isn't just about shoes. Guys, don't get fooled by the picture or title. Keep reading.

Waking up this morning to be at work for 8AM, between my snoozes, I'm trying to determine what I'm going to wear for the day. I lift my head up off the pillow to look through the open spot in my curtains: sunny, blue sky. AWESOME!

I came to this conclusion: I have a pair of strappy suede, turquoise, high heel sandals from Aldo that I bought 3 years ago and have never worn. They've been sitting in my closet at home-home forever. After visiting home-home this weekend, I decided "I'm GOING to wear these this year" and packed them to live in NYC with me.


So I am. Today. On a Tuesday.

Now, these awesome shoes may look a bit dressy or clubbish, but from what I've learned while working in Soho: anything goes. I felt a bit out-of-sorts where I live, as it's a pretty conservative section of the city. But, once I got off the subway in Soho, I was happy with my shoe-choice.

BUT before I got off the subway, something, or rather, someONE struck me. My choice of heels may be a bit off-kilter for a Tuesday, but I saw something else that was a nasty and terrible choice for a Tuesday.

Thick, black, chest hair. It was peeping out from under a white t-shirt worn beneath a popped-collar pink and blue plaid shirt. And, naturally, the offending party was wearing sunglasses. On the 6.

Now, I realize that chest hair is going to happen to some men. They can't hide it, especially in hot weather when shirt choices are minimal. (And in most cases, I like it, but this was extreme.)

But, in this case, it was out of control for a Tuesday. If he was headed to the Jersey Shore then the chest hair AND the sunglasses would have been more than appropriate. But, he was on the 6 (not the PATH) and it was 7:40AM and I just don't think that his goal for the day was to get a tan and fist pump.

Maybe I'm biased, though. Are strappy, flashy heels just as inappropriate for a Tuesday as exposed chest hair?

4 comments:

  1. I saw that guy, I believe he was wearing a Bosox hat..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are hot! And the fact that you live in my absolute favorite city makes me crazy jealous! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad you are back blogging :) and LOVE the shoes.

    Make sure you enter my giveaway if you haven't yet :) on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute blog!

    thanks for following my blog... I am now following you

    ReplyDelete

 
Image: istock photo, Kit: Queen of Quirk, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010